(1) Senior Medical Science Liaison- Gastroenterology
Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison – Gastroenterology (GI) to provide clinical and scientific support to opinion leaders, community physicians, investigators and other healthcare providers related to the current and future Janssen Biotech Gastroenterology (GI) products in the following region: UT, CO, NM, TX, OK, LA, and AR. This is a field-based position and the candidate must have access to a major metropolitan airport.
Collaborate with partners in Medical Affairs and in Clinical Research in support of Phase II to IV clinical trials, including site identification, assessment, education of investigators, conduct of recruitment events, and participation in investigator meetings. Also provides support to investigator’s requests for investigator-initiated studies according to company guidelines.
Provides scientific support and leadership to business and Medical Affairs partners, including training, education and other scientific projects.
Collect and communicate clinical insights and intelligence on the market environment, clinical strategies, competition, and other developments relevant to Janssen Biotech’s success.
Represents and supports Janssen Biotech at GI scientific meetings including congresses, symposia, advisory boards, and investigator meetings. Interprets and reports findings with recommendations for action to relevant internal stakeholders.
PharmD, PhD, MD highly preferred, MS degree considered. Minimum 2 years post-graduate experience required, preferably in a clinical/research setting and/or in a pharmaceutical industry clinical field role. Knowledge or experience in the Gastroenterology and/or Immunology therapeutic areas is preferred. Previous MSL OR equivalent clinical field role experience preferred. Field based position. Travel requirement: 70%-80%. A valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record are required.
Comfort with utilization of computer, company applications, and remote technology. Fully understand and apply MSL SOP’s/guidelines and company HCC/Regulatory/Legal guidelines. Function with high integrity and compliant with the Credo value.
As a field based position, the MSL must be self motivated, with strategic thinking and strong geographical management skills.
Please contact The Taunton Group for additional information.
(2) Senior Medical Science Liaison – Urology (CT, MA)
The Senior Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for: (1) enhancing relationships, (2) supporting the Strategies, (3) ensuring a knowledgeable environment, and (4) advancing the body of scientific knowledge.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The primary duties and responsibilities of a Senior Medical Science Liaison include:
- Enhancing Relationships – Identifying and evaluating a minimum of 35 KOLs aligned with meeting scientific needs of the U.S. Medical Strategy in assigned geography. Assisting other team members in identification of KOLs beyond assigned geography. Creating and implementing an Outcomes Plan for each KOL which will be stored and/or communicated electronically with progress to goal reviewed quarterly. Including goals with identified Key Academic Institutions in the Outcomes Plans for appropriate KOLs with progress to goal reviewed quarterly.
- Supporting Strategy – Interpreting, applying, and communicating findings from regular field interactions to appropriate colleagues. Identifying and communicating business and scientific market trends in the regional healthcare environment. Attending key national or regional scientific meetings. Functioning as meeting coordinator as opportunities arise and reporting findings to the appropriate colleagues. Assisting in the development of content for advisory boards as appropriate and reports back key findings. Leading and/or participating in therapeutic area level project(s). Identifying key internal stakeholders needed for project desired outcomes. Providing training support to SA or other departments (e.g., disease management, product info, journal club). Identifying, qualifying and recommending appropriate KOLs for participation in clinical studies. Collaborating with internal customers, meeting with and/or updating regional sales managers (RSMs) at a minimum of once a quarter and attending plan of action (POA) meetings upon request. Identifying and recommending appropriate KOLs to participate on speakers’ bureau and/or Advisory Boards.
- Ensuring a knowledgeable environment – Presenting product research data to Hospital, Managed Care and Government formulary committee per request. Mentoring and training other SL colleagues as requested. Discussing approved scientific information with KOLs regarding products and disease state management concepts as appropriate. Providing Managed Care and formulary support through presentation of scientific information on products upon request. Ensuring all KOLs on the speakers’ bureau are routinely updated as new information arises.
- Advancing the body of scientific knowledge – Facilitating appropriate Investigator Initiated Trial (IIT) submissions to support scientific needs of the U.S. Medical Strategy. Facilitating presentation and/or publication opportunities for IIT trial data. Presenting scientific data, study protocol information, and/or registry data to all participating KOLs. Identifying new products, partners, and scientific developments for potential in-licensing.
- Committing to a learning objective – Taking initiative and proactively working toward learning new skills or enhancing skills.
Responsible for: Identifying accessing, cultivating and effectively managing relationships with active and potential KOLs. Creating and implementing an account plan for 35-40 active KOLs aligned with the respective therapeutic area strategies that fosters scientific exchange and collaboration. Providing written report of findings from attendance at major medical meetings as assigned. Responding to requests for information within three days. Recording interaction touch points with KOLs and HCPs within three business days of occurrence in Customer Relationship Management documentation system/SAFIRE. Facilitating the appropriate submission of Investigator Initiated Trial (IITs) that support scientific needs of TA Strategies.
Sr. Medical Science Liaison reports to Field Director MSL within a given therapeutic area.
- Bachelor in Health Science field from an accredited program
- Coursework needs to have included physiologic sciences
- 3+ years of industry Scientific Liaison experience or relevant clinical experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific information
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel overnight 40% – 60% of the time
- Demonstrated basic computer skills [MS Office & Windows] and willingness to learn new applications
- Demonstrated ability and capacity to network and establish business relationships
- Willingness to acknowledge and function in an industry business environment
- Advanced scientific degree • Demonstrated high level of scientific expertise/competency in therapeutic area of responsibility. Prior experience in managing a frequent travel schedule